Question:
What is the best way to hide the fact that I am gay towards my family, etc.?
2006-03-10 06:35:58 UTC
What should I be careful of?
Thirteen answers:
callieRach
2006-03-10 06:44:38 UTC
You don't. The people who brought you into this world and cared for you for such a long time should deserve to know the truth.
pittsburgh-girl
2006-03-10 06:53:46 UTC
First of all------they probably already know--or at least suspect. It's not worth hiding. If you hide, you end up living a lie. It's better to be upfront about it--take the hard times (if there are any) and get on and live your life to the fullest. I would assume you're young if you're wanting to hide it, but in a few years you'll look back and wonder why you even considered it.
captures_sunsets
2006-03-10 06:56:37 UTC
why would you hide the fact that your gay,from your family? They are your support system they know you and understand you better than you do yourself. if you tell anyone first it is them. they won't love you any less. why are you embarrassed about being gay? that is your choice and you should stand behind that choice with pride.If you have to hide it then I would re-think that decision. Good luck!
neeterzs561
2006-03-10 06:48:59 UTC
you shouldn't have to hide that from your family. There the ones you need to tell and if they're really family they won't care if you're gay or not.They'll take you for who you are that's what real family does.
not_prfikt
2006-03-10 06:46:41 UTC
Don't try to hide it. They are gonna find out sooner or later anyways. Be forwarned though... some may not be very accepting at first. When the initial shock wears off though, If you have a loving family and if they are true friends, they will accept you as you are.
2006-03-10 07:21:13 UTC
Hide it as best as you can by never doing it at home sneek around lie if you have to but you know that if your family finds out they will soon try to break that habbit
Thinking about him always!
2006-03-10 07:06:19 UTC
you shouldnt hide that from anyone. you should just be open about it and tell your closest friend as a start. then you can tell your family. its way more important for them to know. so just be honest and open and i wish you the best of luck!
gustine_girl98
2006-03-10 07:41:16 UTC
why would you want to hide something like that.my dear even if your family are homophobic i think you should tell him. it may be very difficult,but i think they would rather hear it from you rather than someone telling them.

you may even do or act a certain way and they may have an idea, so my dear i think you should tell them rather than hide your sexuality
peanut
2006-03-10 07:41:08 UTC
i know a closet bi-sexual, shes my best friend but still isnt sure if its just a phase or not so she's keepin her secret from her family too. just act how you've always acted and DONT BRING ANY OF YOUR BOYFRIENDS HOME! too risky. but after a while it would be good to tell them if ur sure ur gay.
2006-03-10 06:46:35 UTC
While you sexual persuasion is not a bad thing. Being that way towards you family is somewhat questionable. Please dont be gay with your family members, they might resent you.
confused
2006-03-10 06:46:02 UTC
tell them that you want to move out of your house just to know your self better...

that well give them an idea that you have a proble..

If they start asking tell them that yu think you are gay..

Best of Luck!
whole_feelings
2006-03-10 07:44:54 UTC
Too things to say... many questions to ask.....

.. I'm tired just now... if you want chat about this topic mail me when you can... bye
just jo
2006-03-10 07:15:09 UTC
God You should be careful of God.