Question:
Would you talk to him?
?
2006-04-06 10:33:34 UTC
If your dad left your mom when you were born, and all of a sudden he called and said he wanted to meet you, would you want to talk to him, or would you be mad, because he wasn't around all your life?
Fourteen answers:
GENIUS
2006-04-06 10:36:38 UTC
come on get over your ego and pride..and just meet him..you never know when he will die and then you'll be sad..we all have different paths to take in life..so dont judge..just forgive and be welcome that he has finally come to his senses and meet him..you might be going through things unconsciously without knowing because you don't have a dad..so welcome it ..and good luck with the relationship
Kind and Smart
2006-04-06 17:37:47 UTC
If he had a really good reason (for example he was in an accident and in coma for 10 years) for not keeping in touch, then may be you might want to give him a chance. However, if he left just because he was selfish, irresponsible, then No, he doesn't deserve to be a part of your life. But again, people change. So, ask your heart what you think is the right thing to do.
2006-04-06 17:41:28 UTC
I would at least talk to him and ask why he left. Although your mom may have told you why he left, get it straight from the horses mouth. There are two sides to every story. It may be he and your mom never saw eye to eye and he felt best to leave.

Whatever his answer is for leaving you, don't hold unforgiveness in your heart toward him. I'm sure it may hurt because he was not in your life, but you can't be completely happy until forgiveness is there.

Above all, don't be manipulated by this whole situation.
israelmoya20
2006-04-06 17:40:21 UTC
I sure don't know the feeling of that type of situations, but I think that no matter what happened, he is your dad, so by being what he is, at least I think he has the right from you to hear whatever he has to say and than you might take a decision on what he did was right or wrong....don't misjudge him before, just listen to him....you don't know all the things that happened when he left your mom...
iyamacog
2006-04-06 17:51:37 UTC
I would ask him to write you a letter...Explaining who he is, and his side of the story. Perhaps your mom and dad remember it differently. Also you must keep in mind how this could affect your mom. Not that you should not have the desire to meet and know him. Simply to understand that it could affect her in some way. So to discuss it with her as well, would be very thoughtful on your part.
unsupported
2006-04-06 17:38:58 UTC
Yes, I would want to. Who knows why he left. You only know your mothers side. You do not know your fathers side. Talking to him is not going to hurt.

I had a similar situation. My mother and father divorced when I was 4. We had an on again off again relationship for years. It wasn't until I got married myself that I have a real and honest relationship with my father. Now that I am an adult I am able to see both sides of the fence.
joan_kol
2006-04-06 17:39:07 UTC
It's hard to decide things like that...I don't know if I will talk to him or not but the best way to solve that thing is to talk to him and find out what he wants..and then maybe...when I met him face to face ...I can tell what feelings I have for him.
mizz emma
2006-04-06 17:40:17 UTC
everyone deserves a chance at making up if something happens to him you wouldn't get a second chance and may live to regret it

p.s meet somewhere you are familiar with then if you want to leave it wouldn't be to hard GOOD LUCK its a though decision
lalie_mood
2006-04-06 17:37:39 UTC
All up to you. Are you just angry or hurt and want some questions answered? Why not meet with him (you don't have to use open arms) and see what he has to say?

Good Luck - LM
Carrie
2006-04-06 17:37:31 UTC
I would want to know him and hear his reason for leaving.Maybe there's a story behind it. Maybe you'll find out it was a good reason or maybe you'll find he's just a jerk. You'll never know unless you talk to him.
brahma
2006-04-06 17:39:04 UTC
you hav got to keep aside your ego and talk to them..if some person has done the mistake and now wants to come to you..then u shud give them a chance..
totllyconfusied_77
2006-04-06 17:36:52 UTC
i'd give him a chance but bring ur mom w/ u just in case. and also be in a public place.
2006-04-06 17:37:04 UTC
i wouldn't but i don't know. why did he leave? thats messed up!
djfurey2002
2006-04-06 17:36:26 UTC
only those from experience can answer this